Skip to content

One Example Of The Effectiveness Of Juicing For Health & Vitality

Juicing is the process whereby you extract the liquid or juice from fresh fruits and vegetables using a juicer. There are many ways that you can juice and there are many simple and elaborate juicing recipes that allow you to mix the juices from different fruits and vegetables together so that they complement one another. As tasty as these different juice combinations may be, juicing is one of the most effective ways to regain your health and vitality if you are ill. Alternatively, juicing can help you to lose weight or simply become a healthier, more vibrant person. In this article we will be taking a closer look at exactly how effective juicing can be and how you can use it to improve your life.

First of all, one of the most amazing and accurate documentaries on juicing is “Fat Sick & Nearly Dead.” After I watched this documentary, I became a firm believer in the effectiveness of juicing as it actually follows a man called Joe Cross who was 100 lbs overweight at 310 lbs and suffered from autoimmune disease. To summarize the documentary, Joe basically went on a 60 day juice fast where he only drank a mixture of green vegetable juices and fruit juices every day for every meal. He did not eat any solid or cooked foods, but focused only on drinking the freshly made juices and water.

At the end of the 60 days, Joe lost 82 lbs and his blood cholesterol levels dropped significantly. He was noticeably healthier and happier and he was able to reduce his medication for his autoimmune disease which barely bothered him anymore. This is significant proof that juicing on its own is enough to help the human body heal itself and reverse the damage caused by various illnesses and being overweight.

Joe’s case is hardly unique and there are millions of people around the world who have reported similar experiences. The main reason why juicing is so effective is because by completely cutting out your typical food intake and only drinking freshly made fruit and vegetable juices, you are basically super loading your body with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants that effectively flush out the toxins from your body and cause it to reboot. 

The most effective juicing process that you should follow to achieve similar results is Joe’s 80/20 rule of juice intake. Meaning, when drinking fresh juices, 80% of the juice that you drink for the entire day should come solely from vegetables and the remaining 20% from fruits. This is important to prevent yourself from drinking too much sugar which would not be as effective for health based purposes. The most effective juice that Joe regularly drank was his famous Mean Green Juice that basically consisted of the juice from apples, kale, lemon, celery, ginger and cucumber. 

If you are very overweight, juicing might just be what you need to help you to lose that stubborn fat. The best thing about juicing is that you can just focus on drinking the juice every day and you will see the pounds literally melt off your body. Many people that have followed Joe’s Juice Diet have lost as much as one pound of fat per day of their juice fast. However, it is important to note that you should not stay on a juice fast for longer than 60 days since it is neither safe nor healthy to do so. Once the time for your juice fast is finished, you should slowly introduce solid fruits and vegetables back into your diet, until you are back to eating solid foods.

The most important thing to know about juicing is that even though you will immediately see and feel a difference in your body, it is essential that you focus on changing your lifestyle. Juicing will help you to reboot your life and health, however, it is up to you to maintain it. 

Trackbacks

No Trackbacks

Comments

Display comments as Linear | Threaded

No comments

Add Comment

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.
E-Mail addresses will not be displayed and will only be used for E-Mail notifications.

To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.
CAPTCHA

Form options